Saturday, July 16, 2011

Collisions, Projectiles and Enemies

Pretty happy right now. Made a lot of progress coming back to the graphics assignment after being stuck on other school work for almost a week.

I have static and dynamic collision finished. I'm using axis aligned bounding boxes and it seems to work pretty good for my needs. Also, I just finished my enemy ship class and added more grammar to my level file format to accept additions of enemy ship spawns. The AI isn't spectacular but it does try to find your ships position and shoot at you.

Changed the camera too, it has a slightly better feel to it now when you move your star fighter. Also the ship banks when you fly it around. Overall cooler feel.

Also shamelessly created a cross-hair that is basically taken directly out of Star Fox 64 - we should always incorporate ideas from good design right?

Also the top left shows a simple HP bar. Next task is to make a "good" HUD.

Progress:

Still have to work on the textures. Blotches of colours won't do me any good when it comes time for the TA to give me subjective marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment