Monday, July 18, 2011

Particle Systems, Level Objects, Textures

Finished off my particle system - I created an abstract particle system and I make concrete versions for the different types of fuzzy phenomenon. The one I show here is a simple one to simulate an explosion. Its pretty simple but it looks alright I think. It displays particles as textured quads with a color.

Another thing I am adding in now is a textured fonts renderer. It's simple, ( KISS ) and suits my purpose, but there is a bit of work that remains on it. I need to make a better texture for the textured fonts ( they overlap, but the texture should be transparent in some areas ).

Also finally got around to working more on the level file I created before. I edited it a bit and added some building entities with varying textures. If I have more time later, I would like to add some more buildings and enemy ship models. Deadline for this project is in 2 days - have to keep working.

More screenshots!


No comments:

Post a Comment